Before engaging the participating students in the designed task, 100% did not meet the original criteria of 11/15 vocabulary words. After students completed the designed task, 80% of students met or exceeded the criteria, and 95% of students showed measurable improvement. The remaining 5%, 1 student, who did not show improvement had to have their post-test data removed because they were unable to complete the test.
Students got the answer correct if they were able to mostly give the definition of the word. For example, the word "despair" could mean "sad", "hopeless", etc.