21st Century Learning and Workforce Readiness
It makes best sense, as a CTE (Career Tech Ed) teacher myself, to look toward the 11 Elements of a High Quality CTE program template for standards and areas of focus regarding workforce readiness. CTE is expressly focused on this area of learning, as well as promoting 21st Century skills. View the entire template by clicking on the image above.
I have only listed the sub categories that apply and left off the ones that are not applicable to blogging.
1. CAREER EXPLORATION AND GUIDANCE
Career guidance activities are ongoing and include the dissemination of career opportunity and career path information to students, parents, and counselors.
2. STUDENT SUPPORT AND STUDENT LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Leadership activities are embedded.
3. INDUSTRY PARTNERSHIPS
Business/Industry is involved in student learning activities.
4. EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN
Students are provided practical applications and experiences through actual or simulated work-based learning assignments.
Technology is used for distance learning and/or other career related opportunities
5. SYSTEM RESPONSIVENESS TO CHANGING ECONOMIC DEMANDS
Curriculum is relevant to both current and future workforce needs.
6. CTE PROMOTION, OUTREACH, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION
Yes No What is Being Assessed Examples of Evidence Comments
7. HIGH-QUALITY CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
There is collaboration between academic and CTE teachers.
Technology is incorporated into program instruction.
8. SYSTEM ALIGNMENT AND COHERENCE
9. SKILLED FACULTY AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
10. EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
Student academic achievement in Math and ELA is analyzed and used to improve student achievement.
A comprehensive assessment system is used to measure student competence in the application of CTE and academic knowledge and skills required in the program area.
11. CTE PROMOTION, OUTREACH, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION