The links and recommended reading on this page house many ideas and resources for blended learning. Accomplishing more efficient blended learning environments can be aided by the use of a learning management system. Delve into the content below to begin curating great resources for you students.
Spartan Lib Guide - Tools
- A comprehensive collection of technology tools
Spartan Lib Guide - Common Core
- A comprehensive collection of common core resources
Spartan Lib Guide - Research Guide
- A comprehensive collection of research tools
-An evolving collection of technology tools for collaborative work and online education
- integrating technology resources by Will and Juli Kimbley
- open source collections of K-12 resources by subject area
- John Medina's Brain Rules. The 12 rules for how our brains work. Pay close attention to "Wiring", "Attention", "Memory" and "Vision" for applicability to structuring LMS.
PBS Learning Media
- great sources for finding content-specific resources to guide student learning online. Search by subject and grade level
Educore - Tools for teaching Common Core
- resources to implement common core standards
Online Discussion Rubric - Secondary
- a Google Doc for an online discussion rubric - high school
Catlin Tucker's Blog
-Blog for ready to implement ideas to use in blended classroom
Teaching Like It's 2999
-Jenny Magiera's Technology in Education Blog
- An archive of technology tools you can use.
Edutopia - PBL Resources
-Resource round-up for PBL and Common Core
AVID and the Common Core
-AVID online has many resources for addressing common core and access to academic rigor for ALL students.
Bridging the Achievement Gap
-Leading researchers from Vanderbilt University's Peabody College and other educational thought leaders share real world strategies with educators in hopes of closing the widening chasm that does not permit equitable education for children of various racial, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
Blended Learning and Technology Integration
-What is blended learning? How does it differ from classroom technology instruction? What are the hallmarks of a blended learning environment by Jen Jonson
T-Pack in 2 Minutes and SAMR in 120 Seconds
This is a quick introduction to the dynamic framework, TPACK (Mishra & Koehler, 2006). As well as a quick introduction to the SAMR Model, developed by Dr. Ruben Puentedura.
Adam Bellow's Educational Tech Commandments
-A must watch for every educational technology leader
What We're Learning from Online Education
Daphne Koller is enticing top universities to put their most intriguing courses online for free -- not just as a service, but as a way to research how people learn.
A Walk In My Shoes: First Generation College Students
What would it be like to be the first to navigate your way through the college experience...alone?
Who We Are: First Generation College Students Speak Out
Students who are the first in their family to attend college talk about the challenges they face.