ELD Standards Addressed in Project:
Part I: Interacting in Meaningful Ways
1. Exchanging information and ideas with others through oral collaborative discussions on a range of social and academic topics
2. Interacting with others in written English in various communicative forms (print, communicative technology, and multimedia)
3. Offering and supporting opinions and negotiating with others in communicative exchanges
4. Adapting language choices to various contexts (based on task, purpose, audience, and text type)
5. Listening actively to spoken English in a range of social and academic contexts
6. Reading closely literary and informational texts and viewing multimedia to determine how meaning is conveyed explicitly and implicitly through language
7. Evaluating how well writers and speakers use language to support ideas and opinions with details or reasons depending on modality, text type, purpose, audience, topic, and content area
8. Analyzing how writers and speakers use vocabulary and other language resources for specific purposes (to explain, persuade, entertain, etc.) depending on modality, text type, purpose, audience, topic, and content area
9. Expressing information and ideas in formal oral presentations on academic topics
Some Tools that were used in the research were...
Zoom- A video conferencing tool used to conduct class online during the COVID 19 Pandemic.
Epic- Digital library for kids
FlipGrid- Used to record video of student's speaking
What is on this page?
To find lessons and resources that assist English Learners in the classroom and influenced this research, go to to Lessons and How-To's. In addition, you can find resources and supporting research for English Learner students under References. To look for the standards I addressed in my research, go to the Standards page.