5 Tools to Start Implementing Authentic Assessment in Your Classroom!
1. Powtoon This program allows students to create professional quality animations, presentations, and explanatory videos. The program is intuitive and a free version is available. There are countless ways Powtoon can be used to implement authentic assessment in your classroom.
2. Adobe Express This program makes graphic design accessible to any student. Adobe Express can be used to create videos, infographics, posters, social media posts, and so much more. All the options on this program can be used to assign authentic tasks.
3. Storyboard That This site allows the user to create professional looking comics, storyboards, or graphic novels. It is so easy to use and has a robust image bank that really allows for the creation of any story. This is a great way to incorporate authentic assessment. Students could create a visual of an important scene in a novel, recreate a historical event, or use it to sequence events from their own writing. There are so many possibilities for how this can be used for authentic assessment!
4. Google Slides Do not underestimate the amount of ways Google Slides can be used to create projects that assess student's learning authentically! Beyond just creating the basic presentations, google slides can be used to create interactive projects. The linking capabilities can allow students to create interactive character maps, web quests, choose your own adventure simulations, and it can even be used as a design program for creating posters or any other digital or print media! There are also so many opportunities for collaboration when working with slides.
5. Scratch Scratch is a block coding program that introduces students to computer science, but can be used in a number of different ways to develop authentic tasks. Students can code animations to tell a story, demonstrate a scientific concept, or animate a historical event. The program can also be used in a math classroom. Students can apply their knowledge to create programs that solve math problems. There are many ways Scratch can be used, and the site offers hundreds of lessons and tutorials that you can assign in your classroom.
Get to Know Authentic Assessment Through These Recommended Readings!